Making your own fake blood is fun and inexpensive. All it takes are three ingredients. Here they are:
1. 1/2 cup Corn Syrup.
2. 10 drops Red Food Coloring
3. 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
All three of these may already be in your kitchen. The corn starch will make your fake blood thicker and more realistic looking. Afterall, real blood isn't clear red, it is thicker and milky.
The only negative side to this fake blood is that it will attract flies. You may want to wait until halloween night to use it.
Here is how to make some great fake blood:
1. In a glass measuring cup (one with a pouring spout will work well) put 3 teaspoons of corn starch in the bottom. That is the same as one tablespoon or one big spoonful.
2. Pour in a little bit of corn syrup. Mix the corn starch and corn syrup with a fork until you get a cement like mixture. Then add enough corn syrup until you have 1/2 cup of mixture. Keep stirring to mix in the corn starch thoroughly. I know it sounds funny to add a little corn syrup and then the rest of the corn syrup. You do it in two stages to prevent lumps.
3. Add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir that in. Stir in red food coloring until you get the color you want. A little goes a long way. I use about 10 drops and it looks cool.
4. Cover the cup and put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes on high. Everyone's microwave is different but you want it to just boil.
5. Take it out, stir it a little and let it cool. I poured mine into a squeeze bottle so that I could apply it as needed.
When I am not carving pumpkins, I run a bulletproof vest company. BulletSafe Bulletproof Vests are the value leader in body armor. We are very popular with people like armored car operators and ATM repairmen.